For those who prefer absolute isolation, privacy, and exclusivity in Namibia and the ideal place for the traveler who seeks tranquility and intimacy.
KuanguKuangu a secluded Unit about 800m to the southwest of the main buildings, is simple and uncluttered. The bedroom with a spectacular view to the northeast is an oasis of quietness and inspiration. Behind the main room are the Open Air bathroom, built around the rock in perfect harmony with the natural environment. This open-air part of Barkhan Dune Retreat offers a panoramic view of the mountains situated right behind the unit during daytime… or of the starry Namib Sky as soon as night has fallen.
The Namib desert is reputedly the best place in Southern Africa to observe the stars. KuanguKuangu comes from "Omukuangukuangu,” a word used by the Ovambo people, meaning the milky way.
The Unit is fitted with a Kitchen Unit and Fridge with a Barbeque area.
Firewood is supplied for you to light up a fire to sit back and relax with a glass of wine with your loved one whilst listening to the bark of the Gecko at dusk, enjoying the absolute quietness of Namibia.
- All Rooms have a Spacious Bathroom with Shower and luxurious biodegradable Amenities for your comfort.
- Wheelchair access to all the chalets with a paved walkway and one of the chalets have a bathroom which are fitted out to accommodate a wheelchair.
- Electricity (220V) is generated by solar panels and to avoid depleting the storage batteries we provide a hairdryer for your comfort.
- Barkhan Dune Retreat has reception to the Namibian mobile telephone network.
- Complimentary Wifi connection